Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, September 5, 2008

Info Post
I am not ashamed to proclaim that Elle is one of my favourite fashion magazines at the moment. Commercial? Yes, but also honest in trend reports, with the best beauty section I have come across with lovely pictures of catwalk looks that are begging to be torn out and stuck somewhere for inspiration. Last month was particularly enjoyable with pages of flicked eyeliner that sent me reaching for my Dior in the name of experimentation; also, they featured a new designer that tickled my fancy:






This is Les Chiffons a/w collection by Leena Smith, her first after working at Stella McCartney and Jil Sander. I simply love the PVC leggings, which are said to be her signature piece. Signature and oh so now, they have a glossy quality that makes the leg look cartoon and plastic. I am also a fan of the chunky sequin shorts, which look fab with the rockers leather jacket. I miss my days of gold jumpers and sequined waistcoats, the sparkly shorts and leggings make me want to get glitzy again and do a dance.


Although I don’t think Daisy Lowe is the best model around, she has a natural air of cool around her, which comes across in these photos and suits the brand perfectly. I am definitely looking forward to the second collection.

0 comments:

Post a Comment