Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, November 20, 2008

Info Post
Ok, apologies for what possibly may be the worst blog title ever... running low on inspiration after a day falling asleep at my desk in work. I was feeling like death because last night we went to this:


I am well acquainted with Punk; it has become an uber trendy club since Kate Moss popped in there but I must say that the nights there are usually genuinely fun with little pretense and no celebrity attitude.

I used to be a regular at Thursday's Smash and Grab (oh to return to the student life) but had not yet tried The Learner Dancers Party, a monthly event that packs in bands and lots of people.

I didn't have the foresight to grab a setlist off the wall so I cannot be terribly accurate in my rememberings of exactly who played, but through the wine I still noted that all the bands were very good looking, and all the DJs were very good looking.

My favourite of the night were these fellows below, O. Children who played dark yet catchy songs with deep and drawling vocals. The band started the first song and then the lead man ran on last minute to clasp the mic and beging the vocals. I LOVE stuff like this, so dramatic! I felt a little sorry for the guys as there was a terribly over enthuistic ginger guy in a blazer at the front pulling some serious comedy dance moves throughout the set; it must be hard to keep a straight face through that.




Sadly we left before the 'mystery DJ' due to my needing to wake at 7am (and get up). It might have been someone really good. It was a shame to leave as the party was just getting started on the dance floor and I could have been quite happy to pull a 3am-er without a morning beckoning me.

Very good night and definitely value for the mere £5 to get in. I recommend.

I shall conclude with some photos


A girl- I love this 60s style but personally I don't have time to be so groomed.


Spot the stylist



DJ on the decks


Obligatory taking a photo of yourself when merry

0 comments:

Post a Comment