Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, November 29, 2008

Info Post
Christmas is near and the tv is full of loads of glossy adverts trying to make us part with our dosh. In particular there are loads of perfume ads and they get me every time. The concept of advertising a fragrance through television, a medium that does not actually allow it to be smelt, is surely rather strange? We are basically watching a visual representation of a smell; how does this even work?

All I know is that last Christmas Keira Knightley made me want Chanel Mademoiselle. I hate Keria Knightly, she can't act and attempted to play Elizabeth Bennet (idol), yet put her flouncing around in Paris in a beautiful red dress and I want the perfume.

I want to unwrap a necklace from my ankle and put it around my neck, I want a hot french man and a bowler hat. The actual smell of the perfume would not have tempted me should I have tested it in store, yet after watching the advert it has become one of my favourites.








Similarly the Gucci perfume





Wow! I love Blondie and as soon as the girls start swaying and swooning as the lyrics start 'in between', I think that I need this perfume now. If I wear Gucci will I be all ethereal and long limbed with hair flowing and eyes closing?? This is how influenced I am by the world of commercials! I don't even like this scent, I find it almost repulsive yet show me some supermodels dancing and I would buy it!

My Christmas perfume choice this year is Viktor and Rolf Flower Bomb. I requested it without even remembering if I liked the smell or not; my recent experience at the exhibition has cemented it in my head that I should quite like to smell like a Viktor and Rolf model. Also, the name is taken from one of their spring collections (I forget which), and the catwalk music consisted of a deep voice over saying FLOWER BOMB repetitively and sexily. I shall hear this in my head as I seductively walk up Hackney Road with a dab of Viktor and Rolf on my wrist!

0 comments:

Post a Comment