Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Info Post
So in between drug overdoses, writing abuse provoking articles for Nylon, and marrying that long haired chap, London Paper favourite Peaches Geldolf has designed a range for PPQ.

Co-founder of PPQ Amy Molyneaux said, "It's a natural progression that Peaches is designing with us; she has always been one of our most confident customers. We have endeavored to provide her with everything a girl needs to party in and now we have put our heads together to take things to the next level."

Confident indeed, Peaches is hardly a shrinking violet, but I must admit, my personal lack of interest in her and cynicism about celebrity fashion lines means I'm not clamouring at the doors of Selfridges for a piece of peach.

However, going by these two pictures (the only two I have seen) the collection is seemingly cute and very wearable. I am certainly a sucker for a little lace number, and the sheer overlay of the skirt is a nice touch. Is this really anything new though? The high street is awash with dresses like these at the moment, what Peaches labels 'her own personal style' is little more than high street filtered Autumn/winter 08.

Whilst I don't hate the line, I will not be paying £95 to £195 for something that I could find in Topshop for half the price. I understand that the PPQ craftsmanship and cut will be far more luxurious than the high street counterparts, but when (or rather if) I buy designer, I would rather something a little more special.






0 comments:

Post a Comment