Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, November 21, 2008

Info Post
I read in the excellent source of info that is 'The Metro' about a designer whom mutilates Barbie dolls to make jewellery.

Margaux Lange carefully inserts Barbie's plastic staring eyes into rings, and servers her hands to make earrings. She describes her work as so:

I enjoy the funny juxtaposition of wearing the body, on the body. Barbie has become the accessory instead of being accessorized. I take pleasure in the contrast and contradiction of something mass-produced being transformed and revealed as a unique, handmade, wearable piece of art.

This idea certainly is an interesting one, and the results are freaky to say the least! I never cared much for Barbies as a child, I was far more of a My Little Pony girl, however, I would rather like the 'breast' necklace and I love the hand earrings. You can buy them on Hannah Zakari, a UK based site but they are all around £100, slightly over my budget of £1.



Barbie W by sarahedwinarose

0 comments:

Post a Comment