Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, June 7, 2012

Info Post




Sorry for the delay in reviewing Chanel VITALUMIERE AQUA, I think it can be blamed on my hatred of taking photos of my face- I know know it is a standard blog procedure but even after 3 years of Or False Glitter it feels very narcissistic. Anyway, on with the review...

I have always wanted to try a Chanel foundation, it seemed like the ultimate luxury in make-up and I'd heard very good things about them. I picked Chanel VITALUMIERE AQUA Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup as I wanted a light and natural coverage for summer, something that makes skin look like skin but amazing. At £31 a pop it is not cheap but is it worth splashing out for? Here are my findings...

Shade
This foundation comes in six shades, not the most fruitful of selections. As usual I went for the palest, Beige Pastel, but found it darker than my natural skintone. Beware, this foundation has a very yellow undertone, which makes the skin look golden hued. Some may like this flush of colour, I was not so keen.

Formula
This is a water based formula which requires a good old shake before using. It is neither moisturising or mattifying making it suitable for all skin types. The SPF15 was not quite high enough for my liking, this is definitely a day foundation and personally think SPF25 should be standard, especially when you're paying this much. As you know, I double up my sunscreen with special lotions and potions, so this is not the end of the world.

Coverage
This is lightest of all the Chanel foundations, so don't expect much coverage. You will still need concealer under the eyes and perhaps on the nose, but it does even out skintone and give a radiance boost. It is probably 1 step up from tinted moisturiser, so bear that in mind- it won't transform your skin or erase blemishes.

Longevity
Staying power is good, but when wearing all day at work, I felt it needed refreshing before heading out for the evening. 

Verdict
Can you tell I'm a little disappointed with VITALUMIERE AQUA? After hearing praise for Chanel foundations I think I expected magical, fantastical flawless skin with this, but that is not the case at all. It is a good foundation and I have no major complaints, but it is nowhere near special enough to warrant the price tag. I wonder if perhaps I should have tried one of the medium coverage options for a more wowing result?

If you are looking for a light coverage with an airbrush- style finish, the best I've ever tried is Smashbox High Definition Healthy Fx Foundation (read my review HERE). Now this one manages to transform skin without looking like you're wearing make-up- truly impressive. Chanel may be a more glamorous purchase, but it just doesn't compare.

1 comments:

  1. The Law Office of Van R. Irion represents individuals and businesses throughout eastern Tennessee, including Knox, Campbell, Cumberland, Blount, Jefferson, Loudon, Roane, Grainger, Claiborne, Monroe, Sevier, Anderson, and Union Counties. With an office located centrally in Knoxville, TN, Mr. Irion is able to promptly meet the needs of his clients should they involve travel. We invite you to contact our law firm today for an experienced and expert legal consultation.

    ReplyDelete