Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, October 7, 2012

Info Post








You might remember that I went to a Toni&Guy event not so long ago, where I was treated to a head full of cascading waves. I still haven't lost the lust for that elusive Gucci finger curl (see AW12 ad campaign above) so I was eager to try out the magical tool used at Hair Meets Wardrobe.

Introducing the Deep Barrel Waver, a hot tong with a difference. Designed more like a massive rounded crimper, it weaves the hair over a larger barrel and clamps to set the curl. Now at the event Cos Sakkas made the style look easy...how did I fare when let loose at home with the curler?

It has about 20 heat settings, so I rolled it up to the sizzling highest and pinned back my hair to start on the under sections.  I decided to pin back one side and aim for the cascading asymmetrical look, with tumbling tresses spilling over one shoulder.

This is not a quick job. Once sectioned, you must slowly work down the hair length, clamping each wave in for about 10 seconds before moving the curler back and overlapping the last. As you jump from section to section you have to watch that you're leaving a symmetrical line of waves across the head- in short, there is a lot to go wrong!

I learned that it is best to brush the sections through with a fine bristle brush and mist with hairspray before attacking with the tong. Also, I think I should have worked with larger sections, as the barrel has the capacity to wave a large chunk of hair each time.

I'm pleased with the results but I know next time I will do better. I love this waver, though time consuming, the look would usually have to be set in with hot rollers which is far more of a faff and commitment. And the volume it produces is quite outstanding, my lanky barnet was positively bursting from my head by the time I finished (a good thing).

Toni and Guy Deep Barrel waver costs £34.99 and is available HERE. Will you be investing?

PS. Sorry for the prolonged absence. I've just moved house and am still without internet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment