Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, October 13, 2012

Info Post





I've always been a square and short girl...nails that is. For years I've practiced the same neat nail design, preferring right angled corners with minimal length, but I've been turned by the recent pointed nails trend.

Though it seems passe after a flurry of SS13 excitement, it is not too late to look to AW12 where some lovely pointed talons scratched their way on the the runways. Nails have very much become an accessory, and the time and attention spent on them last season is proof of this.

So spurred on by Thierry Mugler and my new love hate relationship with Lana Del Rey (fake through and through but sounds and looks so lovely) I decided to head to the nail salon for a change. I returned to my old favourite 'gel extensions', and was presented with a shape chart where the options were square, oval, gherkin or pointed. I went for the delicious gherkin shape and am enjoying the glamorous outcome. I would have pipped for the pointed had I not an office job that involves 8hrs of typing, but I think the effect is similar. Nude polish stops the look being too scary for the time being, though I am very tempted to paint them gloss red and be a vamp for a bit.

Could you be tempted to try the look?

0 comments:

Post a Comment