Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, December 9, 2012

Info Post

I am a creature of habit in many ways, but especially when it comes to hair. Ever since I went red at the beginning of the year I have been back to the same colourist, who uses the exact same formula. However, I was given the opportunity to try out Rush and thought it would make a good post as they have many outlets around London now, and are quite reasonable (much more so than my regular department store salon). Here's how I got on:

I arrived with faded orange locks and mousey roots. I quite like the strawberry blondey colour that I get 4 weeks post colouring, but I usually have to go neon orange at first to achieve this. I needed a boost but nothing wildly different, and wanted to try avoiding the luminous glow of freshly dyed hair to get something a little more natural.

BEFORE


I chatted to colourist/stylist Victor and he introduced me to IONA by L'Oreal, a fairly new hair colour that is ammonia free and supposedly much better for your hair. The lack of ammonia worried me somewhat, as I didn't want my hair tone darkened, but the shades available were much more appealing than the L'Oreal Majirel that I normal have. Copper hair dye is always limited, but IONA had a good selection, and I settled on a blend of 8.04 and 8.40.

It is advertised as being gentle on the scalp, but I found it stung a little more than my regular colour! Still, what is a little tingle in the name of beauty? It applied on as a purpley colour, but soon developed in to a red. After half an hour, I was led to a basin and couldn't wait to see the results!




I was so happy with the outcome! My hair has been transformed (thought not too dramatically) to a rosy copper hue with golden undertones. It looks natural, and doesn't have the usual OTT neon hue of newly dyed locks. Even better, it is soft, not brittle, there is something to be said for going ammonia-free.

I am really impressed with Rush and will be making Kensington my regular salon. It is great to have a colourist who takes the time to discuss all options before mixing up the formula. I am a fussy client and Victor showed me every single option before we finally settled on the IOMA. It's essential to feel confident when trying something new, as there is nothing worse that sitting waiting for colour to develop when you have doubts about the shade.

I've already sent my boss in his direction, and will be back in 6 weeks time.



AFTER




Check out your nearest Rush salon HERE
Next
This is the most recent post.
Older Post

2 comments:

  1. Hair highlighting/lowlighting is changing a person's hair color, using low lights or haircolor to lift the level or brightness of hair strands. There are four basic types of highlights: foil highlights, hair painting, frosting, and chunking.

    ReplyDelete