Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Info Post


Last week I went to Remington's Vintage Glamour Blogger Evening. It was held at Lucy in Disguise in Soho, the vintage venture started by Lily Allen and her sister Sarah. The shop has a full salon downstairs, so was the perfect venue to visit for some retro hairstyles.

Remington Session Stylist Chris Appleton was on hand for advice, but (and here lies the twist) we had to do our hair ourselves...There was a choice of several styles, and the stylists assisted but left the tools to the bloggers.





There were twenties finger curls, pin rolls and beehives on offer, but I opted for Lana style loose rolling waves named 'The Veronica' which can be created used hot tongs. I gingerly grasped the Remington Keratin Pro Curl and began wrapping my hair around the larger barrel. This proved difficult when looking at my reflection in the mirror (totally uncoordinated) but I soon got the hang of it. Once you've created a coil, the curl is pinned and left to cool before brushing out. So effective!

Confident with my new skills, I repeated the style last weekend for our house party and many asked how I managed to get the look. I will definitely do a step by step tutorial for this soon...



Ellie went for a beehive


With our new hairdos in place, there was nothing left to do but shop! We supped fizz and tried on some of the amazing vintage clothes in the shop. I was very sad to leave this dramatic opera coat behind.


Thanks to Remington for a great evening and even better hair advice!

0 comments:

Post a Comment