Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Info Post


With hair that is both flat as pancake and resilient to volume shampoos, I have lately restored to back combing with Elnett and a hastily applied top knot to get me through the day. Enter the Remington Amaze Airstyler AS1201...

I was kindly sent this product, and it arrived in a compact case with 5 different styling attachments. I went for the one that promised maximum volume, the 3rd from the right in the above picture. The machine has 2 different speeds and I automatically opted for the hottest to test its skills.

The concept of this is brilliant. I have never been able to recreate a blow dry at home, as there are not enough hands to section, dry and brush hair at the same time; by combining the hairdryer and the round brush into one product, it is possible to at least attempt a volume boosting dry.

Spritzed on some Bumble&Bumble Volumising Blow Dry Spray and started tentatively; with memories of getting round brushes stuck in my hair (and subsequently cut-out) on a school swimming trip I have never fully trusted round brushes. Perhaps my caution affected the efficiency? I had to go over my whole head twice, and only when I started tugging hair and rolling the brush from the roots did my hair start to volumise.

The finish was not exactly the same as a professional blow dry, as I started with dry hair, the smoothing and straightening process was missed out leaving it rougher than a professional would. Even so, the result is quite impressive when you consider how lank and straight my hair usually falls. The picture below (sorry for lack of make-up!) demonstrates a good volume boost that I can never achieve with a hairdryer alone. I think that as my technique with the product improves I will start to see professional results.


0 comments:

Post a Comment