Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Info Post
I absolutely love Illamasqua, and when I walked in to its Beak Street store I knew I would not escape without making a purchase. Dark and glossy, the shop is both glamorous and gothic, a combination that further emphasises the boldly coloured products. The only purchase I could justify was a foundation, so I abandoned the notion of repurchasing my favourite YSL Teint Resist and browsed the Illamasqua offering which included a light foundation, cream foundation and powder foundation. I decided to go for the powder as I cannot abide a shiny finish, matte all the way. The verdict? I am pleased and disappointed with the product in equal measures.

Positives: The shade is perfect for my skin, (also the first time ever I am not the palest colour in the collection) and the coverage is brilliant. Applied with the leather-backed sponge provided, it sweeps over the skin, effortlessly covering blemishes and uneven skin tone to leave a velvety shine-free finish. It can also be applied with a brush for a lighter coverage- handy for the summer months ahead.

Negatives: My make-up has to last from 8am- 8pm, a feat which my beloved YSL Teint Resistant manages without problem. This product on the other hand, lasts for far less time. I think that its staying power is very much dependent on the condition of your skin. Any dry patches are highlighted as flaky circles, and any oily patches become mottled. I was also surprised to find that it does not deal with touch ups. When applying more product, the result is really uneven and the powder is so stubborn it will not blend at all. I think that the product adheres differently to clean skin and already powdered skin; therefore if you have a make-up melt down, it is impossible to get an even result unless you totally remove and reapply. ALSO, there isn't SPF protection which really I would expect for £21. I suppose this truly is night makeup, best applied in evening under dark skies. I will be saving this for evenings that require little longevity but great coverage.

0 comments:

Post a Comment