Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, January 22, 2012

Info Post




When I first heard about this product back last year I metaphorically punched the air with joy! It seemed such a good idea, simple but revolutionary for anyone who has ever tried to smear mascara on the lower lids and ended up with black smudged eyes. For awhile now I've enjoyed a spiky and defined 60s inspired bottom lash, but this involved strategic placing of a tissue (or folded toilet roll on desperate days) under the lashes to avoid smearing it on to my already concealed-to-death under eye.

I headed to Selfridges with a spring in my step and headed straight to the Clinique counter to get it. Once at home I tried it straight away, and was SO DISAPPOINTED. It had a very wet formula that slid on barely leaving a trace! No matter how I tried wiggling the brush, I couldn't get my lashes to clump or define, it simply looked like my natural lashes, but a little darker. Now whilst this would be great for a blondie who wants to tint, it was a massive let down for me. In a rage I even plunged the mini brush in to my full sized Max Factor tube to see if it would work better with a different mascara formula...the brush emerged clogged and useless, and I relegated the Bottom Lash Mascara to the back of my eye drawer.

For some reason, a month or two ago I decided to try it again, and was surprised to find it much better than I initially thought. Perhaps it is because the mascara formula has dried out to a more gluey consistency? I don't know, but now it works far more in my favour, and I've been enjoying Twiggy style lashes ever since!

The Verdict? The little brush makes it really easy to apply mascara to every little lower lash without making a mess, but the formula is more suited to ladies looking for natural definition. If you want a more dramatic look, you may have to wait for a decent amount of air to get in the tube and dry out the formula. Alternatively, my tissue method is fail-proof and will save you a tenner!


Sorry for the absence, I've had a super busy week! I've got lots of scheduled posts for the coming weeks, and will also be trying to organise the blog to make clickable catergories that separate books and beauty.

0 comments:

Post a Comment