Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Info Post




I'm a bit behind on the GlossyBoxes, and this review features the December box which has been seen on blogs far and wide already. For those of you who haven't heard of the concept, you pay £10 a month and GlossyBox will deliver a selection of beauty samples to your door to try.

In December, your ten pound note would have got you:

1. Blink + Go Eyeshadow and blush palette - forgot to open this for the picture, but it's a nice little compact with shimmering bronze shades that are perfectly usable

2. Cargo Cosmetics Classic Lip Gloss - Handy handbag sized tube but I got a hot coral shimmery shade that I probably won't use

3. Deborah Lippmann mini nail polish with Stripped to Go nail sachet - I love glitter varnish so this is a hit. I am also keen to try out the polish remover finger mitt, it is bound to beat homemade tin foil acetone pouches

4. Nip + Fab Spot Fix - I've fancied trying out this brand before, it's had a lot of press recently so is a good addition to the box. My skin is the opposite of acne at the mo (so so dry) so this won't be suitable for me, but I will keep it in case of future skin turmoil

5. Rituals Foaming Shower Gel - Hurrah, a full sized product, and a useful one too. Will look forward to using this

The verdict? This is a beautifully presented selection, and it is lovely to receive a box in the post, I was so eager to open mine that I tore the paper and almost ruined the above pics. Is it worth £10? I wouldn't feel shortchanged having paid £10 for this (I was sent the box to review) as it's a good selection of products and brands, yet it's quite hit and miss as to how much will actually be used. Individual tastes have a lot to answer for. I have a feeling that if I subscribed I might end up with cupboards full of sealed unsuitable products.

What are your views on the new concept of monthly beauty boxes?

0 comments:

Post a Comment