Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Info Post

I enter lots of competitions but, save for a packet of glow in the dark animal stickers, have never won anything. My luck is not the best, but my Pal Bianca on the other hand has the forces with her and recently won a Revlon competition. She very kindly invited me along with her to experience the 5* treatment.


The competition was in association with Britain’s Next Top Model, so the first stop of the day was breakfast at the Mayfair hotel with the winner of the show, Jade. Though dining with a model, it was not a modest affair, and B and I made the most of the buffet offering. We were then joined by a photographer, who we have to thank for all these professional shots.





Next stop was the spa at the Bagloni Hotel. We were instructed to undress and use the stream room, and we kept in the dark at which treatments awaited us. It was eventually revealed as a massage, and I must admit my heart dropped. I had never had one before for the simple reason I don’t consider a strangers hands touching my back relaxing. Quite the opposite! But I went along with it even so. I don’t doubt the skills of the therapist (apparently Beyonce had visited recently) but I’m not a massage convert and have come to the conclusion that tension suits me.


We then went for a shopping expedition at House of Fraser as B had also won a nice lot of vouchers to spend. Here we are, totally natural, admiring her potential purchase. She didn’t end up buying.




Then, ‘our driver’ took us back to the Bagloni for an Afternoon Tea. What a fantastic concept! I wish every day mid-noon I was presented with a three-tiered platter spilling with goods! The egg-mayo crustless sandwich was my favourite, along with warm jam smothered scones.




Jade then departed, leaving B and I in our swanky hotel room to prepare for evening. A make-up artist arrived to paint us pretty, and we changed in to evening attire. Our choice for the evening was prints.

We went for dinner at Aqua, a very ‘cosmopolitan’ (ie. expensive) Japanese restaurant on Argyll Street. I can’t remember what we ordered in total, again, we were not reserved. We did enjoy some refreshing pear cocktails which I would like to attempt to emulate at home at some point. Here is some vegetarian sushi I ordered. Unfortunately I had to send it back as it was laced with seaweed which I detest. I thought it impossible to get veggie sushi without seaweed, but the waitress assured me they just contained chopped pickles. I can tell the difference between a pickle and seaweed!!! Rant over.





We returned to the hotel, got bought a glass of champagne in the bar by a large generous man, and then retired to our room for a plush night’s sleep. Not before taking pictures of ourselves on self-timer of course.

Big thanks to Revlon for a fantastic day, and also B for inviting me along!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment