Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, November 4, 2012

Info Post

You may remember some time back I tried out Violent Lips transfers which were good fun indeed. Now the brand has launched something that may be even more exiting- Violent Eyes. These glittery temporary transfers allow you to create the ever-popular winged liner eyes without messing around without liquid eyeliners or pencils.

Cat Eye style make-up was everywhere for AW12, from feline flicks at Lanvin to graphic precise designs at Mary Katrantzou so there is no better time to try out the look. Dior launched something similar awhile back, but at £25 a pop it was a little too pricey for experimentation. Violent Eyes come in at £6 for 8 which is far more realistic for normal folk. I tried them out the other evening, here's how I got on:


Every pack contains 8 pairs of varying thickness, from subtle neat flicks to statement Amy Winehouse style designs. You begin by popping out your chosen pair...


Ah here you see I had experienced a few errors, it was only as I attempted applying for the 3rd time (yikes) that I realised there are 8 pairs! Hence, you pop out one eyeliner, and it unfolds to reveal one for each eye. This is not too clear in the instructions so be aware!

Once I finally understood what was going on, I continued by measuring the transfer against my eye and trimming off the excess for a perfect fit.


You then peel off the film and press against the eye. Holding it in position you need to wet the back until the paper peels off to reveal the transfer. This bit was easier than I expected, and the results are great!




Apologies for the bad lighting, taking blog photos in winter is quite the challenge, but hopefully the results are visible. They look really good! They lasted the evening and peeled off obediently at the end of the night with no hassle at all.

Violent Eyes are available in many glittery shades purple, blue, gold, even rainbow which gives plenty of choice. I would love it if they did plain true black, but I suppose they are designed for partywear more than the every day.  I will definitely be using up my set, 8 wears for £6 is very reasonable indeed! They are a little fiddly, but anyone could apply them with patience. I've complied some top tips:

1. Give yourself plenty of time. Trying to rush to leave the house will almost guarantee something going wrong.

2. There are 2 pairs back to back in every liner you press from the sheet!!!!!

3. Take care trimming to the correct size, or they won't sit well

4. Also be careful when positioning the transfer on the eye to get a symmetrical and even look

Available at Harvey Nichols

0 comments:

Post a Comment