Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Info Post
I am constantly on the quest for the perfect foundation, and after good results with other Smash box products, I was keen to try its High Definition Healthy Fx Foundation...

Shade: I was sent 'Fair F0', the lightest shade in the collection. It looks a little orange in the tube, but blends in beautifully. It may be a little to dark for winter (I have a slight summer 'tan' at the moment) but it is perfect now. I advise choosing a shade lighter than you usually would with this foundation.

Formula: Oil free and SPF 15, it is really lightweight and moisturising without being greasy- perfect for my dry/combination skin. It's definitely best formula I've come across in a while, the perfect balance of hydration and shine-control with a radiant glowing finish.

Coverage:
The coverage is described as light to medium by Smashbox, but in reality it is very light. It is supposedly buildable, but I choose to wear it sheer, which still produces a magical airbrush-esque finish. If you like a heavy coverage, this may not be for you, but then again, you might be surprised at how little you need - this is the lightest coverage foundation I have ever owned, but it's produced the best results. Skin actually looks like skin, but flawless.

Longevity: Lasts really well, I needed to power my nose (that is the shiniest part of my face!) but apart from that, I could get away with a whole day's wear.

Verdict: I LOVE THIS. Smashbox High Definition Healthy Fx Foundation really does make skin look healthy, it doesn't settle in to lines or pores, and manages to produce an almost matte glow. Coverage is light, but I simply use a little extra concealer to spot check problem areas on bad skin days. As aforementioned, Smashbox do not test on animals, so this is a guilt-free purchase. I will definitely be replacing it when I run out. Highly recommended!!



Also enjoying Mavala nail polish in 171 Blue Curacao- a bright turquoise, though for some reason blogger always changes the colour in my photos, the colour is more vibrant than it appears! Does anyone else have this problem? I'm considering using a photo hosting site.



Smashbox High Definition Healthy Fx Foundation costs £28.50 and is available at Debenhams

0 comments:

Post a Comment