Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, September 18, 2011

Info Post


The new TRESemme claims that its Split Remedy range is 'proven to reduce split ends by up to 80% after just 3 uses'. They say that the Reconstructing Complex actually mends pesky split ends. Dubious but open minded (I have a LOT of split ends), I decided to give it a go. Here are my findings:

1st Wash
I washed my hair with the shampoo, and diligently followed with the conditioner and applied serum before drying. I still had lots of split ends but my hair seemed silkier and smoother, much less frizz than I usually have to cope with. Unfortunately, by the afternoon my hair felt lank and greasy.

2nd Wash
The same greasy feeling set in at midday, though on inspecting the ends of my hair, I felt that perhaps yes, the split ends had been reduced! Later on I peered at a different section of hair and realised they were still out in force...this is the problem, it's almost impossible to prove or dispprove the shampoos claims!

3rd Wash
By this point I abandoned the shampoo and just used the conditioner on my ends. At the event, the team pretty much admitted that the shampoo doesn't really have any impact, it is the other products that do the work. My hair is smoother, but I still have lots of split hairs spraying out in all directions. I see no evidence at all of any hair being mended.

Verdict
I think the claim that haircare can literally reconstruct hair that is physically split, is both bold and unreliable. The technology behind this is vague, they mention charged polymers act as magnets to reseal split ends...I'm no scientist but I can't see how this would permanently heal split hair. Perhaps others have had better results with this than me, but I think this product is a temporary solution to reduce the appearance of split ends, rather than actually mending them.

The collection works wonderfully to smooth hair, and my own locks do feel more healthy for it, but I think the only way that you will ever get rid of split ends, is to visit the salon for a trim.

0 comments:

Post a Comment