Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, September 29, 2008

Info Post
One work morning last week I treated myself to Grazia in Tesco, and I came across this amazing beauty feature. Ok, so maybe it is extremely typical of the 'Romantic Goth' A/W 08 look, but there are a few ideas in particular that I was eager to try.

This first look has crimpers which I was pleased to see (have started day time crimping as well now!). The blanked out eyebrows are very effective, but this takes a special wax formular which I don't have yet. Last night I attempted the eyeliner but it didn't exactly work out for me... I couldn't draw straight and my Dior liner had too thin a brush to get the bold line. I eventually abandoned the idea, I think that I need one of those eyeliner pens with a thick brush to complete the look neatly.



Ahh, next the black lip, but this is a glossy black lip and it has a polished high fashion look rather than Camden goth. I tried with my black lipstick and some juicy tube, but it simply did not have the slick look I required. YSL are launching a new black lipgloss in November, the same they used on the models last season. Apparently it has no hint of sparkle and can be applied to recieve a subtle effect or a rich black. I am going be running to Selfridges to pick one up and slathering it on until my lips are as black as below.



The last two looks champion the bold eye and nude lip look that I have grown so accustomed to. I now have a fabulous MAC nude lipstick called Myth, but before that I simply used a concealer stick to get the look.



I love the A/W beauty looks and need to stock up on the products whilst they are available in abundance!

0 comments:

Post a Comment