Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Info Post
This morning I dragged myself out of bed to once again make the trek to South Kensington for Betty Jackson. There was a ‘lovely spread’ before the show with pastries and cartons of juice (I took one for the road Ha); I always feel very self-conscious at these times, couldn’t bring myself to reach for a choccy croissant in fear of the skinny minnies around sipping Evian.

The show, like both others I’ve been to, opened with bird and nature sounds before launching into the music. The clothes began in dull colours, khaki, stone and black and the models were wearing high waisted briefs in black under long voluminous tops.


The colours moved into a bright orange, with high elasticized necks and clinging elastic waists. The models wore a bright red lip with a black band tight around the head, containing a messy nest of hair.

Towards the end of the show black lace resurfaced, it appears that the romantic goth look that is so big this autumn/winter is not going to disappear quickly. The lace was eventually toned down into sheer gauzy black (much like in Nicole Farhi) in the form of long sleeved tops. I very much hope this look filters down to high street and affordable prices, as it is demure yet summery.

Once again, I apologise for the quality of photos, I am not a master.





0 comments:

Post a Comment