Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, September 20, 2008

Info Post
What makes a good show? I wondered to myself as I dashed to yet another during London Fashion Week. Shows are always interesting and inspiring- the degree of preparation and spirit each designer exhumes can never fail to impress. Yet what is it that makes you come out of the tent full of gushing compliment and praise? It was at on the final day that I got my answer, a ‘good show’ is one where you want to tear the clothes off the models back and claim them as your own. It’s a show where you feel that if you don’t get that jacket your life will not be complete; I felt so at Ashish.

There was a military feel at this show with excessive trenches and badges, not particularly to my taste but looked fabulous whilst juxtaposed against the shimmering dresses. This contrast entered into the styling, with unmade frizzy hair and black eyes against elegant gowns.

I am admittedly a terrible magpie, and Ashish satisfied my greedy eye with a host of glittered beaded dresses that caught the light beautifully as the models shimmed down the catwalk.








These beaded dresses were combined with fringing, and strands swished and swayed around the models legs with a stunning effect. This also translated into tops with ease, and there was one particular black jacket with beaded fringing down each arm that made me gasp in desire; as the model turned at the end the strands flung around her body with a life of their own (sadly no picture of it but this jumper has a similar effect).



Every new look sent Christina and I into desperate mutterings of ‘I WANT that!’, ‘I NEED that!’. Whilst appreciation of a show can be gained from designer innovation, or simply aesthetic beauty, the shows where you can imagine yourself cherishing the clothes, are the ones that you will always remember.

My photos from row zillion were once again awful so I have borrowed these photos from popsugar.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment