Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, September 8, 2008

Info Post
I have already expressed my love of The House of Viktor and Rolf exhibition, but I am particularly enamored with one season that I had quite forgotten about.

Fall 2005 casts romantic visions with dreamy girls gliding around the runway to the emotional wailing of Tori Amos. Each cosily packed into duvet like dresses with their hair spread across pillow headpieces, it created a blurry sleep world, that stage between sleeping and waking, and harked at the ultimate manifest of the ‘duvet day; fantasy.





What I am most inspired by, is the make-up. Red rimmed eyes with red stung lips. In the show it seems to work as a sensual rosy vision, and indeed it does look beautiful and serene.



But red eyes? Red eyes could be sleepless eyes that have open for hours, or weeping for hours. There is something sinister about the rouge rim as well as beautiful, and I find it rather fascinating. I have already tried a pink rim like the Rodarte girls, but red is darker, bloodier and more dramatic. I think a visit to MAC is in order before fashion week.



0 comments:

Post a Comment