Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Info Post
Saturday I went for a lengthy large luncheon with Christelle in Soho and payed a visit to Argos. Clutching my purchase I impatiently waiting for the 55, a bugger of a bus that takes it time. Why so eager to return to my Shoreditch dwelling? Because I had just bought some new Babyliss hair crimpers. I had crimpers in the 90s, but my sisters stole them years ago and I haven’t seen them since. Now in my twenties the crimpers are back, and long may they reign!
My crimping fantasies started to return when I saw the Luella autumn/winter 08 show. The great gothic beauties had crazy big crimped hair and dark sultry lips; “interesting’ I mused. Then, on rediscovering Viktor and Rolf Fall 2005, I knew that I needed crimpers. Now.


I tested them out for Bianca's Las Vegas house party, and painted my eyes into a Cleopatra point, championing the Ashish SS09 look. Crimping takes time, and it is hard to get it in perfectly horizontal waves (especially the back) but it is worth it. It’s such an instant volumiser, and gives you more hair than any product ever could! Here, I did my whole head, but just crimping sections is a great way to add texture in a more subtle way.




Tonight boredom saw me reaching for my hot electric friend and I crimped away happily, testing a ‘tied up’ look with a textured fringe. I took these photos with photo booth, which I only realized I had yesterday!



My best discovery yet is that backcombed crimped hair = cloud hair! My hair shall never be flat again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment