Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Info Post
I have sat here and tried to work out how to set out my fashion week memoirs…I have come to the conclusion that I must do two posts in one day! Shock horror! I prefer to be methodical but it really is the only way.

Last night we went to the On/off party. I don’t intend to sugar coat any of my fashion week experiences, and it was a bit of a sham. We arrive at about 9 and through sheer perseverance got in at 10.15. The usual fashion hierarchy took place, most important go in first, the rest can que for infinity! So we stood, yes we are on the guestlist, yes we in front of the que, but hang on! ‘Lady Gaga is here’ with her militant lipsticked crew. In they go. That one from Skins is here! In he goes. A man in a wig is here! In he goes. ! All before us of course.

When we did get in it was straight for the bar and some champers. The walls were hung with stuffed animal heads and I saw this badger with a pipe which really cheered me up; a badger with a pipe is a queer but enjoyable sight.




Rhys Ifans was playing with his band; they sounded good but typical, and he was so playing the ‘rockstar’ I must admit I sneered at him slightly as he snarled into the mic with his sunnies on.

As we got in so late we only got that one glass of bubbly before the bar shut and the staff very pointedly started stacking out rows of bottled water. Ok we get the hint…






There was just time to look around the exhibition (which is still in the RCA) before leaving, and I fell in love with the Reem collection. Massive ruffled layers of indulgent lace and Elizabethan rumpled collars with little black hats. Divine.


0 comments:

Post a Comment