Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Info Post
I had a laugh when I checked out the new products on ASOS today, for nestled amongst the platform Mary Janes and stilettos there was a pair of jodhpur boots?!Last time I had contact with jodhpur boots they were caked in mud tramping through wet fields at horse shows, not on the feet of city slickers.

My sisters and I were keen horse women (ha) when very young, and our house has an assortment of jodhpur boots, in various child’s sizes. Memories of them include furiously polishing them with brushes and cloths and smelly tinned polish on the eve of competitions, a laborious and hated task. It’s rather strange to think of them in any context other than horse.

The equestrian look often finds its way into fashion most seasons with skin tight pale trousers and fitted jackets. Also, I will never forget the sight of J-LO doing that hardcore dance routine in one of her videos wearing breeches with a riding crop… (so going to try find a pic of that).


These Bertie boots are quite wonderful in this shiny patent black, and I do in fact want them quite a lot, if for nostalgia if nothing else. I wonder if any other horsey trends will take off any time soon; I have plenty to recommend from my horse show days… two braided plaits with red ribbons on the end, a little red tie and a rose in the pocket of a navy fitted jacket. In fact that sounds rather attractive to me right now, perhaps I shall take a wonder down Columbia Road Flower market for a little corsage next Sunday. And hijack a police horse to complete the look?

0 comments:

Post a Comment