Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Info Post
After a fine weekend of feasting and shopping in Cardiff I returned to London. The city is dark and icy and my mood has followed suit. I met up with a friend who had stories of sunny cities and relaxed inspired living; he seemed to regret London, and I think I do too at the moment.

Aside from self-indulgent ponderings I have been listening to a lot of Sonic Youth. Just as with Hole, I missed the entire grunge scene when it was actually happening and was left to catch up with Sonic Youth in mid-teen years. I love the moody sparseness and black glittery lyrics; it enhances my cattle-esque central line commute and bumpy bus home.



For some reason the music i hear the music in black and white? Perhaps because of the iconic band logo that can now be seen on tote bags everywhere. It also makes me want to have white rooty scraggy hair and smudged red lips. Fashion wise, 'grunge' tended to do what it says on the tin, and I think it must be refreshing to abandon the grooming. I'll admit I don't even brush my hair anyway so I have an extra fondness for the grunge look.


SY by sarahedwinarose

Boots- Emma Cook for Topshop
Jeans- Maison Martin Margiela
Jumper- Topshop (tried this on it made me look like a tub!)
Dress- Warehouse
Boots- French Connetion
Make Up- Benefit and Mac

0 comments:

Post a Comment