Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, March 13, 2009

Info Post
Patrick Wolf..





Because

  • Great use of props, notibly the long plaited blonde hair extension he proceed to rip out and throw into the crowd - people actually reached to catch it..
  • He can combine a string led Irish jig with a dirty bass line and make it sound good
  • That boy knows how to layer! Cape then porcupine jacket then waistcoat then simply a leather harness with all his electronics sellotaped to the back
  • His Dad is in the audience, he says 'hi Dad' and waves. Next song he is tantalisingly pulling down his leather trousers during a particular passionate moment
  • He is the only musician I've seen who can actually play an instrument (actually about 5) yet still wears a Britney style headset for the freedom to cavort around the stage
  • Costume change for encore involves smearing glitter over his entire face so that it reflects and he looks like a singing void
  • Whilst other artists become moody about levels of sound and yell at the technicians for more bass, Patricks request was rather more showbiz and he ended up shouting for 'more strobe light!!'
  • Kids dress up to go to his shows. Coloured tights, glittered eyes and boys in shirts.. a well dressed crowd

So last night I went to see Patrick Wolf at Heaven. I used to be absolutely obsessed with his music and mooched around with him plugged into my ears to find meaning for a good year or so. I have listened to him less lately but last night reminded me exactly of why I love him so, someone totally hyperbolic and overbearingly OTT on stage but with the talent to back it up. And the next album looks to be even better than the last, those basslines get me everytime.

My camera was exhausted (it told me) so I raided his Myspace for photos of sorts... my friend Bianca has some cracking ones though. Thanks to her for taking me too, kisses to B!


Oh and my dear Pretty Face gave me this blog award, I am forever in awe of her beautiful writing

0 comments:

Post a Comment