Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, January 17, 2009

Info Post
Lady GaGa was first made known to me during last London Fashion Week. We were queuing to get into a shambles of a party, when a fancy black car pulled up. Out marched a scantily clad little person with bright blonde hair and massive eyelashes. Behind her was an entourage of about five men and women, they were all dressed in black and formed a triangle stance behind her. She pouted and they stood behind, with folded arms and cartoonish scowls on their faces. They posed like statues for about ten seconds for the paparazzi then ascended into the party.

Who IS that?! We all wondered. The answer, 'Lady GaGa'. I didn't know if it was a man or a woman ( calling yourself 'lady' anything is usually a sign you are anything but), I didn't know what she did or why she had a serious entourage when she was not famous in the UK. Neverless, I was impressed by her entrance, the most diva I had ever seen, and also admired the effort she put into creating her charater - even when my friend took this photo later in the party on her little Canon digi, her posse quickly moved in behind her to create a group pouty shot. In the words of Tyra Banks, 'fierce'.




Now I know that a. she is a woman and b. she is a super popstar! Her single 'Just Dance' is currently sitting at number one; its really catchy, and she appears to have written it herself, can sing live ect, so great, kudos to Gaga musically....

But then there is her style! I look forward to the rubbish free newspapers these days, because there is always a new picture of her pounding the streets of London in something crazy! There was the luminous lime leotard with nothing but a leather jacket, the nude knickers studded with gem stones, all in sub zero London temperatures! Then yesterday, when I thought it couldn't get any better, she made a bow out of hair?! Lady Gaga, I salute you for adding a little creativity and interest to the dull winter season!





I think that she is adding a much needed touch of 'star' to pop. Popmusic isn't about musicianship, its about showmanship; her fresh approach to style and diva attitude is creating a wonderful character that we can all wonder about, and most importantly look at! I want a spectacle, not 'real', 'nice' people who care about animals a la Leona Lewis. I look forward to Monday's free Metro with relish, what will she wear next?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment