Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, January 25, 2009

Info Post
My nights in Barcalona were spent chasing parties in cabs and accepting drinks and shots from kind folk with company credit cards. All very well, but when one has to get up in the morningand walk miles around a show and like talk to people with open eyes it is not that sensible.

I felt sleepy on Thursday, and didn't really come to life until I saw the A/W 09 Doc Marten collections. I really love a robust boot, I particuarly love Docs as they are heavy and clumpy which eases me into the illusion that my legs look thinner.

Lately they have really upped their game and are churning out patterns, patent, designer collobrations and even heels all modelled by various 'IT' girls. These tartens are very slick and I particularly like the black ones. I really like the new heel collection too. I already have some patent heeled Docs but the new ones are inspired by the brogue and have neatly pressed leather patterning. I have already decided I need the heeled brogue boots and black and white Mary Janes.





Finally we have the Yohji Yamamoto collaboration. They use fabric panelling over the toe which means they will weather and wear differently to the usual all leather boots. A touch of distress never hurt anyone!


Leaving the Docs alone we attempted the super massive Sportswear hall, 7 floors of sports and streetwear. Obviously this was not my favourite area but I was pleasantly suprised by the installation in the entrance. These skirts were designed by first year students of the Royal Academy of Fine Arts in Anntwerp and all all made of demin. When you think of the popularity of the denim skirt it is really interesting to see it turned into a conceptual piece. The students had created some amazingly couture pieces from humble denim.





0 comments:

Post a Comment