Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, January 29, 2009

Info Post
Last night Sony launched a new TV, supposedly the thinnest yet? Well, anyway, they had a launch party last night and it was strange to say the least. Sony is a massive world domineering company yet they held the event in a battered Shoreditch warehouse and got Giles Deacon and Henry Holland to DJ? Looks like this is the trendy thing to do now! I'm not complaining, nice and close to home for me!

We grabbed a drink and I got roped into taking a photo of Giles for us bloggers in the group...I sidled up to the little DJ 'box'

Me: Can I take a photo for my blog?

Giles: For your bog?

Me: for my blog!

Giles; Your bog? I can't hear you

Me: No my blog, BLOG!

Fantastic.
Here it is anyway.






It was such a large building that the crowd did not fill it; the atmosphere was strange as a few brave figures danced in the smoky dark space. There was also a really interesting art installation. Three lights, red, green and blue on tripods casting strong beams at a white disc at the other end of the room. We talked to some guys outside who had set them up, and apparently it represents a pixel, the three colours combine to make white, and a TV is made up of millions of pixels. Last night I thought I understood this, now in the light of day its a little confusing?! I tried to take some photos of it (below) but they came out really bad!



0 comments:

Post a Comment