Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, January 26, 2009

Info Post
I should go to sleep. Tomorrow I will be cursing my alarm and coaxing myself into just 5 more minutes.. but now Romey and Michelle's High School Reunion has come on, and I am thinking thinking thinking about something said to me recently.

I was tipsy at a party and wailing in woe to a male friend about the fact that I only seem to attract old over weight men when I go out. This is true. The oldest man in the joint is drawn to me with a magnet like attraction, its quite uncanny that it occurs with such frequency.

I was half-joking but my friend replied that as a young guy he would never talk to me, although I am ok looking I wear a lot of black and it makes me unapproachable and intimidating. 'If you were wearing jeans, nice a t-shirt and a blazer I would definitely talk to you'.

This had never occurred to me before. I consider outfits, but combinations from my wardrobe which is a hybrid of impulse buys that I have been attracted to. At the moment this is black clothes. I never set out to create a 'look' though I see that one has formed towards the dark and gothic. I guess I have been naive to how quickly and superficially first impressions are made..

I would never wear 'jeans, a nice t-shirt and a blazer' because I would not feel comfortable doing so. Jeans do not flatter me, t-shirts for the main part do not interest me. Also I feel that if fashion perceptions are as strong as my friend suggests, to dress in jeans would be misleading. A boy who liked me looking like that wouldn't actually like me. Who dresses for men anyway! You can't please everyone so you might as well please yourself.



BACK OFF

0 comments:

Post a Comment