Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, March 20, 2009

Info Post



There is a good reason why I have taken a photo of my hand clamoring for the keys... I recently realised that I nearly always have a scribble reminder on my hand.

I remember a children's book where the protagonist tied knots in a hanky to remind them to remember- I'm not exactly sure how this works, wouldn't you forget what the knot stood for? Anyway, the ink stained skin is a pretty standard way of prompting yourself these days.

This particular day I was reminding myself about a pretty vintage gladstone bag on Ebay that was ending that evening. On the tube I suddenly became self-conscious of my hand because it was a physical representation of my mind. Oh I know this is over dramatic but its true! The strangers around me knew that I would be on Ebay that night, and it made me feel uncomfortable. Of course there is nothing sinister in it but even so I was losing my mystery.

Slightly hypocritically, I always love to crane my neck and peer at peoples pen reminders, though I haven't seen anything particularly strange, a woman with 'PILL', a man with '4.30'...One day I might write something wacky on my hand and wait for the tube reactions, it would be one way to brighten a commute.

Oh and for those wondering I won the bag in a flurry of stressful bidding!

0 comments:

Post a Comment