Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, March 26, 2009

Info Post




I am about to settle down with an apple tea and some new rainbow stationary to write to my dear friends in Japan, and thought before I do so it would be nice to share this photo..

I stayed with my 'Japanese family' when I went to Osaka with my school aged 17. They were so kind and I have such many fond memories of shopping in massive malls, playing Jenga, struggling with chopsticks and playing their shiny black grand piano. We have kept in touch by letter ever since, and in my last letter Satako included this beautiful photo of her daughter Risa. She said it was taken at the traditional Japanese town of the Edo-period, where Risa had the oppertunity to dress up as an Edo Princess.

I think it looks like a magazine editorial. Unfortunately I don't have a scanner so had to do the whole take a photo of a photo thing which has really spoilt the colours and contrast. Try and imagine bright vivid red against porcelain skin and pink flushed lips. The make-up is really understated but perfectly pretty. The hair perhaps amazes me the most, symmetrically combed with not a strand astray. I think I might have to try a Edo inspired look soon.

I know that Satako reads this sometimes, so hello if you are! Expect a rainbow letter soon xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment