Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Info Post
I went to visit the family over the weekend, they were in Cardiff for the Rugby, Wales v Ireland. Apparently it was an important match to do with grand slams and crowns or something? Well we lost anyway, but it was quite nice to stay with my sister in her student halls (why do they always smell of gone off milk?) and chat with Starbucks in hand and shop.

It was a soul boosting time but as I returned I found myself with tonsillitis and perhaps a House of Holland T-shirt, both without my consent...

Luckily I had bought a new book:




This is perhaps the most charming and beautiful novel I have ever read. It is the sort of book you want to live within, and linger over finishing as it will mean losing a companion. It is the sort of book that inspires me to hide away and write something myself, but also scares me that I will never write anything as good.

A family in a Castle, Jane Austen style marriage arrangements and hints of magic within the real. It only lasted me two days commute and one evening as I am a terribly fast reader. I think it is the sort of book I will read again though. Next is Wuthering Heights. I don't know how I have never read this being an ex-English Literature student but it will be nice to escape even further back in time

0 comments:

Post a Comment