Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Info Post
I always sit on the top deck of the bus and aim for a seat on the left hand side, towards the middle, by the window. I am quite fussy about my bus seat. The main reason for my precision in placement is because I like to look down onto the pavement, at the places and especially at the people.

Bus stops are a mecca for observation as all sorts of people push and mill around the bus trying to squeeze on in rush hour. Today I saw some fantastic fashion, and strangely it was doubled into couples. There were interesting two couples where each saw both partners dressed in a similar style.

There was one vintage duo; the girl had red curls with blushed cheeks, and A-line skirt and mary-janes, the boy had a tweed hat and coloured tie with an old fashion jacket. They looked amazing stood together amongst the black suits of business.

To their left stood another couple, these Japanese two were both head to toe in black drapey layers with clumpy booted feet.

It reminded me of some posts on Style Scout awhile back; Robert and Lusia shot a few couples who were style coordinated..







The examples at the bus stop were even more extreme than these, and made me wonder how these people find each other. Were they attracted to each other's style or did the style emerge as they became a couple? Is it desirable to look the same as your partner?

As much as I love clothes, I dont believe they define me. Yes, they are a reflection but not a aesthetic display of my personnality. Therefore I don't think I would ever be attracted to someone simply because they dress the same. Style of course is a plus, but comes in many different forms, and itself is an arbitary term.

What do you think? Are clothes really a factor in considering relationships?

0 comments:

Post a Comment