Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, December 8, 2008

Info Post
The other night we were in Angel considering going to the Prada launch party at the newly opened Double Club (more about that in days to come) and decided to firstly go to Hamburger Union- I know SO unfashion! So we were sitting munching our burgers and lots of mayonnaise when I started having a little complain about my hair.

Me: I want to cut my hair into a style, I'm soo sick of it being long and hanging

Jeanie: Why?!!

M: Because when it's long it makes me look all whimsical, and romantic!! I'd like to be more edgy

J: Uh but you kinda are like that..you like ponies and unicorns

SILENCE

M: actually you're right..in fact I drew a unicorn on my wrist earlier look

J: It looks like it has two heads!

Etc etc

This conversation and the wise words from Jeanie made me wonder about personal style; do we choose what we look like or does it choose us? I have read many blog posts explaining how to assess your wardrobe to create a personal style, but this seems really mathematical and almost contrived. If we all bought clothes that we liked from instinct and nothing else would not we all have unique personal style?

Of course it is not this easy, trends are piled upon us and the high street dictates what is available to buy. Even vintage is not truly unique now that lots of retailers have realised the concept of reselling the old and I myself admit I am influenced by seeing someone on the street or in a blog...

Seeing lots of girls around London with amazing blunt bobs and cropped locks did make me consider and question my style, but in fact my long hair probably expresses more about me than a planned and considered haircut ever could. I AM whimsical, my favourite era of writing is the Romantic, Keats is my favourite poet, I love Dickens and Austen and long winded descriptive writing. I AM a girl with long untamed hair!!

As for personal style, I wish I could take the time to photograph and study my daily wear to conduct improving changes but my oversleeping every single morning does not allow it. Sometimes I just wear clothes not outfits, and in it's own messy way I guess this is my style.





0 comments:

Post a Comment