Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Info Post
I have perhaps never been so much in need of a cake as I was after work today so it was lucky my colleges and I had made a 'cake date' with the Hummingbird Bakery in South Kensington This wondrous place has trays of colourful cupcakes piled with sugary icing and is literally heaven for cake lovers like myself.

Alas, the tubes were against us and delays on the Central Line combined with the Circle Line deciding to hang out in tunnels for no apparent reason meant we were pushing it to arrive there by its 7pm closure. We ran through the station almost knocking over a blind man (of this I am not proud) and got there in time for our cake fix. We were only allowed to take-away at such a late hour and happily scoffed them down Old Brompton Rd before re-boarding the tube.

Christelle and I then stopped off in Soho and had a bottle of Rose and some nibbles (not to be confused with nipples-inside joke) served by the cutest Brazilian gay guy ever. Indulgent but sometimes life would not be worth it if you weren't.




(stolen photo from a fellow cake loving blogger -no hands to use my camera eating cake down the street)

0 comments:

Post a Comment