Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Info Post
I love tights, after working in Tabio I have a huge bag overflowing with nylon and almost everyday my outfit contains some sort of hosiery item. The idea of laddered, holey tights is nothing new; last season Rodarte showed shredded legs, teamed with killer spiked heels.



However, it was not until browsing the Sartorialist today that I remembered my love of the broken down hosiery look. This Valentino show go-er has works the look perfectly, and made me extremely curious.



I arrived home and rooted through my collection to find some old tights, complete with one accidental ladder. I grabbed some scissors and away I went!

I whipped some holes through the fabric then pulled and stretched to let the ladders run. It is extremely liberating to deliberately butcher tights after spending daily life trying to avoid nails and zips catching on the delicate fabric. I must say I enjoyed the process! Uh and I got a little carried away as well…you may notice that I went a little further than the sartorialist girl. Personally I love the look, but I’m not sure others will get it. Today I wore red eyeshadow to work and got asked if I had an eye infection, I can only imagine their bemusement if I turned up in these!





0 comments:

Post a Comment