Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, October 4, 2008

Info Post
Flicking through some Paris S/S 09 photos, I was particularly drawn to the Moschino show and its use of ruffles. The layers of gathered fabric make for a look that is feminine and romantic, old fashioned and edgy circus-esque all at the same time.



This evening I stayed in (heavy karaoke sess yesterday) ;after happily watching X Factor, I was unlucky enough to accidentally see a man being blood splattered again a fridge in ‘Mid Sommer Murders’ and I decided to play with some ruffles as distraction. I have a well-known love of the Elizabethan Ruff, and for my 21st Birthday, ex-fashion student Bianca kindly made me some ruffs on her sewing machine.

The first is made from a vintage nightdress we wore to Doombox last Halloween. The gauzy fabric gives an ethereal look. I tried out all ruffs over a Topshop jersey cape this evening, but on previous occasions I have worn them over dresses for a night out.


This second is heavy and has a denim base with a finer over fabric. I love the clown look it gives and as London has suddenly turned arctic, it could also double as a winter scarf.


This ruff actually is a winter scarf. I bought it in All Saints a while ago, entranced by its lengthy ruffled fabric. Tightly wound the neck it gives a historic ruffle look, but it can also be loosely draped to create texture and interest.



After reading the fashion blogs of beautiful Swedish girls, I am really embarrassed about the quality of my photos, but with only a Nikon ‘Cool Pix’ and a dusty mirror (and a round face) these are the best I could muster!

0 comments:

Post a Comment