Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Info Post
I was going to write about the star studded Diesel party today, but Paris, Mark and Co. can wait, I wish to write about my Gran.

The only welsh thing about me (apart from being 100% nothing exotic Welsh) is that my siblings and I call our gran ‘Mamgu’ the welsh word for gran We affectionately shorten this to ‘Mang’ or ‘titchy’, and today the titchy one, mother and sister Sian descended to London in a whirlwind of train ticket trauma.

After a feast, Sian and I dragged Mang and Mum to Topshop-god bless the late opening hours- they sat on two chairs whilst we scooted round. I picked up this pink shred effect jumper and anticipated that its transparent holey surface would draw disgust from a bemused aged 70+ Mang. Not so.



‘Are you going to wear it with something underneath, or your body underneath?’ she asked wisely

‘Just my body’ I replied, wanting to shock a Welsh grandma with obscenity

‘I used to have a top very much like that’ she commented ‘I used to wear it with my body underneath and I got lots of compliments, I had a good body back then and I wanted to show it off!’

ha, I found this wonderful. I think titchy Mang used to be quite the party animal back in the day, and she still dresses well now. Although she is not a Chanel wielding, black glasses old lady, she is always matching. I like this. She recently had a clothing clear out and I took one of her jackets that she used to wear on cruises. I wore it at fashion week and a fashionista complimented me on it.



I got the jumper in the end, and I will always fondly think of a young Mang when I wear it. For the record, I will be teaming it with patent leggings and a black vest, I’m not quite bold enough to wear just my ‘body’ underneath it!

Here is the wonderful woman, fully clothed, in a smart pink suit.



0 comments:

Post a Comment