Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, October 11, 2008

Info Post
I have long hair. I have always had long hair…Sometimes in a fit of Britney style angst, I feel like chopping it all of to spite everyone and myself (not sure how that one works?) but I am always too much of a wimp to do anything but ‘trim’.

I think that in some way I am worried that to cut my long hair would relinquish my femininity, a stupid notion that people such as good old Aggy Dean have proved wrong. Also, there is such a risk in hair cutting, I don’t mind my hair now, but I know that if I got a style I didn’t like I would be devastated! Hair is the accessory you can never take off.

This is why I am in total awe of my favourite French ever Christelle, who yesterday got a fabulously dramatic haircut. We agonized over it for quite sometime over a lunch in work; she wanted to go for an extreme bleached very short cut. She realized that there was a lot to go wrong, and worried about orange hair, green hair, lesbian hair, looking like a boy hair, but in the end took the plunge and booked an appointment at the stylish salon Visions, which is just off Brick Lane.

She was terribly nervous on the day of the cut but boldly did not relinquish her bleach dreams. The results are stunning!

Christelle before:




Christelle after:



Her bone structure is perfect for such a short cut, and the bleach goes with her colouring flawlessly.

Taking such drastic hair action is always a risk, but, as Christelle has proved the risk is worth taking. As a young person, now is the time to experiment and play with our looks. A hair cut can not only modify your look, but modify the way that you feel about yourself. It is a fresh take on yourself.

I am so inspired by Christelle that I may take the plunge myself and go short, well shorter. I’ve had long brown hair for as long as I can remember, it feels like time for a change.

0 comments:

Post a Comment