Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, October 31, 2008

Info Post
Apologies for my lax blogging of recent; it is not for lack of inspiration, but rather a moderate but active social schedule involving much wine and complaint about life. Better things are to come, for I cannot afford anything these days and evenings at home with TV for company will ensue…

Anyway, this week I was late night active (much like a rodent) after a lengthy nap in the afternoon; I decided to spend my midnight tidying my shoes. I am a notoriously messy girl. Aged ten my Gran bought me a wooden plaque saying ‘Sarah’s Pigsty’ to mount upon my bedroom door. She found this hilarious. I didn’t but had to agree that it was indeed an accurate welcome to my room..

Still I cannot keep a tidy house and even when I do try and have a ‘sort’, it still looks messier than the average being’s dwelling. So here, in London, with a personal foot fetish, this is how my room looked:






Yes, shoe littered. Hundreds of pounds of foot strewn across the carpet. Patent heels sticking to dust and odd shoes everywhere. Not good. I’m not sure where the idea stems from, but for me the ideal shoe storage involves glossy Polaroid. The idea of indulgently marking your shoes for easy access has always been my ultimate ideal, a luxurious and exhibitionist way of storing shoes yet showing them off; I got my camera and started snapping.



Of course this method is not without problems, Firstly I haven’t keep all my shoe boxes so some shoes must brave the bedroom air. Also, I realized that not all shoes are worth of a Polaroid; do I really want to waste pound- a- photo Polaroid film on grotty Topshop kitten heels. No not really.

I concentrated on the most expensive of my shoes, and the ones most liable to damage and this is the result. I love the oraganisation, and actually it has been pretty easy to maintain so far.





Whilst sorting my shoes I also found

2 pairs of shoes that aren’t mine (sorry B)
2 pairs of shoes destined for Ebay
1 pair of shoes for the bin
1 missing shoe
4 pairs of shoes that need re-heeling
A pair of insoles

A very productive midnight indeed!


(PS. I am well aware that my 'tidy' room is still extremely messy!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment