Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, October 18, 2008

Info Post
I love black shiny patent.
I love a chunky heel.
And I love Dr. Martens.

So I was so excited to come across these shiny patent, chunky heel Dr. Marten boots in the window of their Covent Garden store. New from the A/W 08 collection, they are yet more evidence that Dr. Marten are moving with the times and producing shoes that are less punk and more fashion.

Sadly, this purchase has rended me bankrupt until pay day...but I would really rather have these boots than food!





I wore them to the Diesel party at Matter in the O2 Area (I still remember it as the Millennium Dome when it had a massive body in it) and we had a good night together.

The party was interesting. It takes so long to get to Greenwich I was ready for sleep by the time the cab pulled up, but in we went and I saw Paris Hilton, which actually impressed me more than I wanted it to. I don't care for her in the slightest, but she is such a mannequin!; a vision of perfect airbrush make-up, sleek hair and expensive clothes. She did a little dance on the chair for her cameras, and pouted. Wow got to give the girl credit, she doesn't do much (anything) but she can do the socialite thing well.

Mark Ronson performed but there really is little performance when you are a DJ. They put the decks centre stage but the songs sounds identical to his cd. In fact he could of put on his cd and done some mixing gestures and none of us would have been the wiser! I really enjoyed Patrick Wolf's set though, he only did a couple of songs but he is so OTT you can but stare with wide eyes as he writhes around the stage.

It took too long to get a drink, but all in all a good night. We got into a lift with Rosin Murphy which was beyond exciting! She was wearing an amazing YSL safari look peachy thing, and one of those little hats...can't remember the term, they are like the hats that monkeys wear with a little tassle?! Kudos to Rosin!

I forgot my camera this eve but took a photo of the wristband on my wrist the next morning. I thought it was better than nothing, but it probably isn't.



0 comments:

Post a Comment