Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, July 6, 2008

Info Post

A celebration was in order for Jeanie’s Birthday and I was pleased to hear that she had decided on Soho restaurant Ping Pong to dine in. I have heard so much about this place and the wonders of the ‘Dim Sum’. ‘Oh its amazzzing’ people would shriek at me, but I am from Pembrokeshire, we don’t get such fancy delights down Wales.

Busy on a Friday night we had a tasty variation of a Mojito before being led to our table. The concept of Ping Pong is lots of little dishes which you fill in yourself on an order form; whilst this probably saves the waitresses stress, it means you need to be sober whilst ordering. Thank goodness we had the mega organised Ravi to silence our chatter and recite the order twice for security.

Dim Sum is quite amazing. My main worry was accidently eating something containing a fish or a shrimp or a prawn but everything was well labelled so I was safe with my veggie options, and also a curious ‘steamed bun’ which was too tasty to be healthy.




In Soho on a Friday night, there was only one possible outcome…Circus hosted by Jodie Harsh. The walls are made of dark velvet. There are antiquated mirrors on every wall so it become confusing. Whilst I don’t care terribly for Jodie Harsh, she certainly can mix a good tune and span out wonderful pop/indie hits with the addition of pounding baselines.

Circus has the air of creativity and people really go to town with their outfits. Stars of the night were this banana headed pvc siren and this fantastic gold winged mask figure.




Being a demi-goth these days, I also loved the look of this guy; the grey lips are hot and what a good idea to stick gems on your face. I am such a sucker for a nice Elizabethan ruffle too.



Ps. Its easy to get photos, you simply tell people ‘you look fierce, can I have a photo?’. Tyra Banks teaches the best lessons for life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment