Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, July 28, 2008

Info Post
Everyone has a look, that fool proof make-up routine we get stuck into and practice identically for night out after night out. Mine has always been a dark gothic face; inspired by the eyes at Salvatore Ferragamo a season or two ago I perfected a shaded brown and black smoky eye. Soon able to whip this up in 5 minutes flat all to do was power my face white, slick on some MAC nude lipstick and away I went!



I was in a make-up rut, a far cry away from my glitter and metallic experimentation days; so when I acquired a Suqqu neon eyeshadow I knew it was time for a change. Suqqu is a Japanese beauty brand which you can now buy in Selfridges. The packaging is super cute, minimal square and transparent and although it is supposed to be aimed at the more mature woman, I have the shade Moeyamabuki, which is neon orange- not sure I could see my mature mother wearing it… I followed the trail of Derek Lam and decided to abandon that age old rule of either the bold lip or bold eyes. His show make-up is bold yet quietly subtle with soft shading, and the dark lipstick adds a touch of sinister to what would otherwise be a bright face.


Already possessing a dark red lippie (harking back to my goth fondness) I dug out a fuchsia Dior freebie and let loose with the paint brushes. The extremity of my face did not matter, as there are little boundaries down Shoreditch on a Sunday.




Then off we trotted off to Ponystep for a spot of disco dancing to the discs of Lady Bunny and I bumped into my ex-sock shop work college Emma, who is a maniac on the dancefloor despite being a sober girl.



We saw reveler tip himself backwards on an armchair, launching himself through the glass doors only to be pulled up by a strap straddled girl with a high ponytail. I later learnt this was Jonathon Saunders and Louise Goldin at play; I am such a bad fashionista, I never recognize anyone! Lucky that I wasn’t wearing my Saunders dress (which had been an option) because that would have made my ignorance totally embarrassing.
Jeanie


(I swear I years ago I owned that exact bag..think its from Woolworths!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment