Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, August 14, 2008

Info Post
Last week I read fashion super -blogger Suzie Bubble’s post on Melissa shoes and how I chortled, as I myself had a plan to blog about them after seeing the next seasons collection at Pure.

Melissa shoes are a spectacle to behold and in the dull accessory section of the Olympia exhibition, the rainbow colours beckoned me like a gold starved magpie. The shoes very much remind me of the silver glitter jelly shoe heels I had in primary school, all plasticy and tempting with a stench of youth around them.

Shoes made of plastic you say, but don’t they make your feet terribly sweaty? The sales girl said that this is a question that everyone asks, and diplomatically replied that they are no hotter than the average shoe. This seemed a little hard to believe, a pure plastic brogue cannot be a good match for a hot, tube bound, London foot, surely? Even so, I can see the attraction of a purchase as the plastic gives them a gorgeous ‘toy shoe’ air about them; apparently Alexa Chung and Kelly Osborne have just snapped up the white and black brogues below.



However, what really tickled my fancy was the Vivienne Westwood collaboration. She has designed a set of gladiator sandals and Mary Janes, in very tempting juicy colours.






The stand out design has to be these amazing heart heels. They are like something out of Alice in Wonderland, and here the plastic works to its full synthetic advantage to create something more fairyland than Earth. I think they retail at about a hundred pounds and although that seems like a ridiculous amount to pay for shoes made of plastic, I will never say never. Plus, they are made of recycled plastic and I quite like the environment. Saving the planet by buying shoes sounds good to me.


0 comments:

Post a Comment