Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Info Post
When I was young ‘ambitions’ were all the rage; all of us had some ambitions decided, it was something most thought about. Mine were written and signed in a notebook with a padlock-aka a secret book. It went as so:

AMBITIONS

1. Swim with dolphins
2. Meet Hanson
3. Fly to America in a jumbo jet


Over ten years later I did indeed achieve 2 of the 3 (unfortunately still waiting to meet my favourite blonde brothers). Now ambitions has lost its relevance as a word, and I certainly don’t sit around making them; yet there are still small things on my ever increasing ‘to do’ list and recently I managed to tick another off. I finally sang Ricky Martin Livin’ La Vida Loca in karaoke!

This wish began many moons ago on a family holiday in Tenerife. My sister Sian and I were about 16 and 14, so old enough to venture into the bars at night and that we did with one aim...to do karaoke. We found a bar, and selected our song, Ricky Martin Livin’ La Vida Loca. Then we waited patiently for our turn, soberly in a bar of old Spanish. Our turn was next! (we had chartered the handing-in process) We got ready to ascend the stage but alas! an old portly man took our place. He sang Enrique Englasias I Will Be Your Hereo Bay-beeee to his hag wife as they exchanged loving glances. And then they stopped the karaoke, it was over! We trundled back to the hotel with sad faces. Our song was not heard.

That desire did not go for either of us, and every time I go down the karaoke I try make someone sing it with me only to get my request rejected. Finally my bold flat mate Becky agreed and I was the happiest girl alive; I only wish Sian could have joined in the song last Wednesday.
'This ones for you Sian'



(Becky thinks this is 'the worst photo [of her] ever!' but as I was quick to point out, I have a yellow canine, plus there is nothing wrong with a little passion for Ricky, he is a latino God after all)

0 comments:

Post a Comment