Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, August 3, 2008

Info Post
What does one do when they are facing bankruptcy and battling with HSBC phones and staff daily? Why they go shopping of course! I really do need to be stopped.
It was entirely impossible to resist my latest purchase, a pair of Dr. Marten style boots from my high street favourite French Connection.

I have always liked the idea of Dr Marten’s. In fact I once bought a pair from Ebay when I was 15 and trying to be a punk- thankfully the only thing that survived that phase is a Rancid song or two on the Ipod. The trouble is the idea of Dr. Marten’s in my head did not match up to the look of me actually in them.

I love the recent ad campaigns featuring Daisy Lowe; that is the way that I would like to wear them. On her long skinny legs they look like a cool ironic shout of masculinity, ‘I-am-a-pretty-girl-with-contrastingly-heavy-clodhoppers-on-my-delicate-feet’, that sort of thing.







The trouble is, I do not have legs like Daisy Lowe, there is a small problem with my legs called flesh. So whilst she is coyly lounging in a garden looking cute, I was tramping around town looking like a lesbian.

These French Connection boots are a little slimmer on the foot with a subtler gummy heel. As they are cut a little higher with eyelets for super lacing, I feel that they are far more feminine than tradition Doc’s. At least I hope so. I took the precaution of wearing them with pink tights to enforce to the public that I am not a man. Surprisingly it was the tights themselves that drew a comment from a commoner. A grotty man shouted at me,
‘I like your pink tights’ in a high pitched girlie mocking accent. I don’t understand logic in this but I gathered that he did not in fact like my pink tights.

So I gave him my best ‘withering look’ and evil eye squint and marched on in my girls boots.



0 comments:

Post a Comment