Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, August 10, 2008

Info Post
I have become fairly predictable when it comes to fashion, some may say I am in a fashion ‘rut’. Almost everything I have could be labeled under black, lace, frills, metallic or gothic.

But dig a little deeper and there are some very bizarre items that that look very out of place. You may find a mini dress with coloured printed faces, or a pair of gold trainers, even a graphic printed hoodie with –dare I say it- hearts doodled all over.

Alone they do not offend, but a rushed work morning I found that a combination of these had been thrown upon myself. I was even unlucky enough to do my hair in a plait and trodding off the tube caught sight of my reflection, I was but a child!

Being someone who gets asked for ID at every venture possible, (I’m talking rum truffles in Thorntons and cough syrup in Tesco- a high level of IDing), do I really want to make myself look any younger?

No of course not, but there are some purchases that I have no logic for. My head says no but my heart says yes. These heart shaped diamante sunglasses illustrate this point perfectly. I have no idea what attracted me to them, they are ridiculous and every time I put them on I think to myself ‘you look ridiculous’. Yet I like them, despite them being more suited to an infant.



So I will keep on with my silly childish fashion whims, and wear them with pride. The only real obstacle is to keep them safe from little hands; cousin Zoe took a fancy to my sunglasses, and I must say it is rather demoralizing when a child of two works an accessory far better than you ever could.



0 comments:

Post a Comment