Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, March 21, 2011

Info Post

Hurrah! I received this primary coloured package from my sis for my birthday. My one and only piece from the Mac Wonder Woman collection, and well chosen too, as dark eyeliner flicks are my signature make-up look. So how does it compare to my usual YSL liquid liner?

Shade: This only comes in one shade, black. The shade is perhaps not as dark as a liquid liner, I needed to go over the line twice to get it jet black.

Initial Impressions:
Like my Max Factor lip pen, it looks exactly like a felt tip! No scent but super packaging, both box and product.

Application: I usually go for a streamlined liquid flick, and on seeing the chunkiness of the pen nib I instantly predicted thick, inaccurate application. This was not the case. The pen has been cut with a slim, precise point, meaning the line you draw onto the lid is very directional. It can be built into a chunky bold line, or alternatively tamed in to a gentle curve (see picture below). Easy to hold, the pen is much more manageable that other liquid eyeliners, and the user has better control over the result. A good one for beginners.

My one problem with the pen is that you don't get the natural tapered swish of liquid liner, you literally must draw sketch the flick yourself. Saying that, the look was still fairly simple to achieve with a steady hand.

Longevity:
Whilst the eyeliner was still present at the end of the day, it was somewhat duller and would have required the refresh of a second coat had I been venturing out after work.

Verdict: A lovely alternative to liquid liner that I will use on lazy days , or to maximise and revamp my liner before evenings out. Precise and easy to use, this product will create bold liner looks with less fuss and mess than liquids or crayons; a great one for eyeliner novices.


0 comments:

Post a Comment